Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Trust~

View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

Texazon

Group: Members
Gold: 134.03

us.gif

Warn:

Post#1 Posted: 27 Mar 2007 01:25 am    Post subject: Trust~ Reply with quote

Recently I have seen incidents regarding other Guilds and various issues that have created Drama on Jsp.

I find myself questoning my position in this community, if not for the wise council of my peers perhaps I would be gone.

Ben has been and continues to be an inspirtion for me, he aspires to give to the community, and makes a notibale difference in attitudes and opinions. This has given me hope for change.

I realize that my personal opinion is only a fraction of our group as a whole, and through the participation of all of us, we can grow and learn to set our personal agendas aside for the greater good of all.

If you think this is "emo" or "dramatic" feel free to leave now...

For those of you that stayed.. Thanks, this is important to me.

I have met alot of great people here, many I am greatful to call friends, and though we do not agree on everything, the ones still reading do appreciate a desire to make a difference.

I may be militant in my goals, and desires for this guild. but that is due to my level of confidence we are a group that can make a change, and though Ben does not always come across strong in his opinions, he is VERY dedicated to his beliefs.

I want to state CLEARLY for the record, it is better to build each other up, than to tear each other down!

However, I think there are those within our group who should make a greater attempt to provide an exemplerary role in the forums.

Thanks to Ben and the rest of the guild for allowing me to be a part of this group, and be confident that, although my opinions may not always be popular, I choose to express them rather than sit silently aside in discontent.

"TRUST"

A guild designed to make JSP a better place for all...

xXxNeCroSiSxXx

Gold: 4.80
Clan: D3JSP

ro.gif

Warn:

Post#2 Posted: 27 Mar 2007 01:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think your post was well said. As a matter of fact there are alot of people within this guild that make me wanna stay on jsp after all the Crap i have gone through with the losers on the forum. If you were to look at my profile ud see my gold logs and see the month of january i did 2 trades one was a donation to a guy that got screwed out of 2.5k fg and the other was a .6 donation to me for helping that one guy out and at the time i only had 45fg when i sent 25 or w/e to the guy. Anyways after jan i met the first person that made me wanna stay on jsp and he was a Trust member known as Freak_Reborn. After getting to know him i became very active on jsp again and a week before he poofs from jsp i thought id check out his guilds chapter very interested to see if there was any others within the guild that were good people. And thats when i started to post on this forum. I have found quite a few people here that are very nice and make me want to be a part of something that tries to make jsp a better place for people. And as a person that Trust has helped I personally Thank You all for wanting to help people out for i was going to quit and just give all my fg to ppl in SA that had been scammed by multi acc scammers. You texazon amoung others have made me want to stay on d2jsp and d3jsp.

Group: Retired Moderators
Gold: 343.82
Clan: Transformers

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#3 Posted: 27 Mar 2007 07:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tex, just curious if this should be moved to Guild: Trust News or if it's for everyone.

as for commenting on the post we alreayd had a long discussion last night...

To others though,

We are, regardless of what some people say, Idolized by many people in JSP. People look up to us when they try to find the "model trader" on JSP.

As such, I believe we have the responsibility to follow the rules as defined by the D2JSP community since they have been put in place for good reasons.

To me, the first step would be for all of us (myself included) to get rid of all warns and let it stay that way. If our whole guild can all have absolutely no warn, there's already a visible indication that we follow forum rules.

From there, I think we could work on more minor (but no less "illegal") actions such as Early Bumping, Fake Bidding and such. Obviously between friends it makes things tough, but the rules are there for a reason.

- Early Bumping pushes down other peoples threads.
- Making more than 2 posts in the top 50 can be considered as spamming
- Posting a fake bid for the benefit of a friend is in another way making someone else pay more. In addition to skewing real market prices.

I myself am part of the "guilty" crowd when it comes to being a stickler to these rules, and I don't expect anyone to change instantly. I hope that we can all see this and do our best to follow it for the reasons behind it, rather than just blindly obeying because told to do so.

Also, With regards to testing items (since the Skizater67 event & TamTam, & the Uberpainful vs Uberwizard drama) I would like all testing within the guild to stop until full security measures have been considered. These include(but are not limited to):
- Proper testing method that the public is well informed about
- A full list of risks involved in the trade
- Disclaimer over what is promised through the "testing"
- A backup copy of who the trade was for, who it was made to, how much the trade was, along with the date/time and so forth being tested.

Finally, Concerning the Commdesk situation, I think it would be best for us (mm..Lani & Richie to name a couple) To just sit back and let the situation blow through. We have done nothing wrong, fear no investigation and as such should not feel the need to defend ourselves verbally. We do not have the need to bow down to Commdesk's level by putting anything in our sigs/blogs/profiles.

Annnd, thats what I have to say about that

Last edited by iIntrigue on 27 Mar 2007 07:44 am; edited 1 time in total

anomy

Group: Guild Members
Gold: 165.25

ks.gif

Warn:

Guild Members

Post#4 Posted: 27 Mar 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to get my warn to 0 as soon as I can. I'm TRYING but this vendetta.Inc is just Zzz... He might as well be retired like dad.

Beware! A serial killer is on the loose... A mugshot of the criminal is on my avatar!
iIntrigue

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#5 Posted: 27 Mar 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too smile
PuReAzNpRiDe
Tian Shan

Group: Guild Leader
Gold: 4.41

hk.gif

Warn:

Guild Leader

Post#6 Posted: 27 Mar 2007 01:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anomy wrote:
I will try to get my warn to 0 as soon as I can. I'm TRYING but this vendetta.Inc is just Zzz... He might as well be retired like dad.

half of my warn is from him and he wont remove em..its been so long...the other warns are from oscar and paul eek

iIntrigue

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#7 Posted: 27 Mar 2007 01:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope my stuff gets removed soon or imma cry
iiheartvivian

Gold: 2.26

ks.gif

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#8 Posted: 27 Mar 2007 01:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hab 0 wub

Hi, my name is Tae
PuReAzNpRiDe
Tian Shan

Group: Guild Leader
Gold: 4.41

hk.gif

Warn:

Guild Leader

Post#9 Posted: 27 Mar 2007 02:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aquaphire wrote:
I just hope my stuff gets removed soon or imma cry

ur @20%?

im @ 40..and they wont remove it!

xXxNeCroSiSxXx

ro.gif

Warn:

Post#10 Posted: 27 Mar 2007 03:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no offense to u guys but its alot more easy to worry about if you dont get the warns in the first place
Steak Lover

Gold: 5.06

ks.gif

Warn:

Guild Members

Post#11 Posted: 27 Mar 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when being in the guild trust your suppose to be more mature and set an example to all others within the forum, ive seen some act this way but also ive seen some act the opposite, your are known as trustworthy, respected, and honest.. if you want to truely be respected then maybe you should respect everyone else the way you would like to be respected.

During this issue with commdesk i have realized many things, with an action their is alway a reaction. commdesk put aquaphire in his profile and it stands out as a lie, lani and richie both reacted to this is posted something about commdesk in thier sig. the best thing is to ignore what he did because you look alot more mature when you dont react in a unrespectful way, doing something like that you are acting no better then him.

ive seen people get mad at what they call "randoms" for lowballing or spamming your threads. Dont get mad at them and post something rude to them such as wow lowball much? or something like that.. simply pm them in a polite way and tell them what they did wrong, im sure 80% of the lowballers out there just dont know prices so they throw a price out there. Also many have been acting more stingy as if their perm items are better then others perm items just because they have the trust tag. you cant truely be 100% its perm no matter who you are so dont act like it is.. ive seen some of you overprice your shit so much, just because your in trust?

i think aquaphire should actually be more strict because many of your actions has been brought upon him and he has to deal with alot of others problems.. he stresses, so try to be more respectful to others so they dont come complaining to him. also trust is suppose to help the needy such as scammers, its 1 thing to say you will help with donations, but saying is nothing, show them your willing to help by contributing to these people that have been scammed, even something as simple as showing them how to prevent themselves from gettin scammed will make them feel a bit better..

No matter who you are, all the rules should be followed, yes everyones had their friends bump their own posts, but act like you care about the rules and stop doing it, help people dont just tell them they have low posts and should gtfo of your thread... we were all new at one time, and you think you are legit and honest, so why is any new joiner any different? ya, there are many scammers out there but it doesnt mean you act like every new member is.Aquaphire wants this guild to succeed in being a helpful hand towards the d2jsp community, do you? if so then maybe you should act like it more and yes even respect the randoms because in the future they could too be a very trusted person.

yuna
InQuisitor Yuna

Gold: 17.09
Clan: Loyalty

us.gif

Warn:

Post#12 Posted: 28 Mar 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh im guilty of alot thats been said mayhaps ill think about these things smile well put tex

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#13 Posted: 28 Mar 2007 08:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sysco wrote:
when being in the guild trust your suppose to be more mature and set an example to all others within the forum, ive seen some act this way but also ive seen some act the opposite, your are known as trustworthy, respected, and honest.. if you want to truely be respected then maybe you should respect everyone else the way you would like to be respected.

During this issue with commdesk i have realized many things, with an action their is alway a reaction. commdesk put aquaphire in his profile and it stands out as a lie, lani and richie both reacted to this is posted something about commdesk in thier sig. the best thing is to ignore what he did because you look alot more mature when you dont react in a unrespectful way, doing something like that you are acting no better then him.

ive seen people get mad at what they call "randoms" for lowballing or spamming your threads. Dont get mad at them and post something rude to them such as wow lowball much? or something like that.. simply pm them in a polite way and tell them what they did wrong, im sure 80% of the lowballers out there just dont know prices so they throw a price out there. Also many have been acting more stingy as if their perm items are better then others perm items just because they have the trust tag. you cant truely be 100% its perm no matter who you are so dont act like it is.. ive seen some of you overprice your shit so much, just because your in trust?

i think aquaphire should actually be more strict because many of your actions has been brought upon him and he has to deal with alot of others problems.. he stresses, so try to be more respectful to others so they dont come complaining to him. also trust is suppose to help the needy such as scammers, its 1 thing to say you will help with donations, but saying is nothing, show them your willing to help by contributing to these people that have been scammed, even something as simple as showing them how to prevent themselves from gettin scammed will make them feel a bit better..

No matter who you are, all the rules should be followed, yes everyones had their friends bump their own posts, but act like you care about the rules and stop doing it, help people dont just tell them they have low posts and should gtfo of your thread... we were all new at one time, and you think you are legit and honest, so why is any new joiner any different? ya, there are many scammers out there but it doesnt mean you act like every new member is.Aquaphire wants this guild to succeed in being a helpful hand towards the d2jsp community, do you? if so then maybe you should act like it more and yes even respect the randoms because in the future they could too be a very trusted person.

I think sysco brought up many good points within his speech.

As someone who's not part of this guild, he seems to see things that we sometimes overlook because we're among "buddies".

I think that some internal reflection of ourselves would be a good start. I for sure am not out of the "overpricing" part, yet I never insult people saying that they lowball. I merely take the offers as they come.

Why?

Because I've estabilished a reputation and I know that I'll get a fair price on it. I don't have the need to call out lowballs or anything similar.

And guess what!

All you guys out there have reputations too! If someone simply won't bid 50 fg more on a 20/5 charm, why not just BIN it? Its not like that 50 fg will actually change anything to us, correct?

Just a couple thoughts. I outlined the parts I thought were very interesting out in bold.

Mike

Gold: 12.00

us.gif

Warn:

Post#14 Posted: 29 Mar 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aquaphire wrote:
Sysco wrote:

I think sysco brought up many good points within his speech.

As someone who's not part of this guild, he seems to see things that we sometimes overlook because we're among "buddies".

I think that some internal reflection of ourselves would be a good start. I for sure am not out of the "overpricing" part, yet I never insult people saying that they lowball. I merely take the offers as they come.

Why?

Because I've estabilished a reputation and I know that I'll get a fair price on it. I don't have the need to call out lowballs or anything similar.

And guess what!

All you guys out there have reputations too! If someone simply won't bid 50 fg more on a 20/5 charm, why not just BIN it? Its not like that 50 fg will actually change anything to us, correct?

Just a couple thoughts. I outlined the parts I thought were very interesting out in bold.

Also a point to be made is this: people with high posts (like myself, Tombman, and yes even you Ben) have gotten them through much trading on the forums. I have noted several times when people (not just members of trust) have not dealt with someone because of high posts with a join date within the last lets say 6 months. Yes it is true I have only been a member of jsp for 11 months. Yes it is true that I do post alot, but the fact remains that just because someone joined recently and has a lot of posts, this dosnt mean you shoud treat them differently.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aaron_cam

Gold: 2.53

us.gif

Warn:

Post#15 Posted: 29 Mar 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aqua and i had a talk about the commdesk situation and it is dumb for the whole thing
it needs to get over with because he did nothing wrong
ps : i got all my warn removed today gfg
xXxNeCroSiSxXx

ro.gif

Warn:

Post#16 Posted: 30 Mar 2007 01:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so did i... o w8 i didnt have one

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#17 Posted: 02 Apr 2007 07:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-10% warn for aqua.
Sysco
Steak Lover

Gold: 5.06

ks.gif

Warn:

Guild Members

Post#18 Posted: 02 Apr 2007 03:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aquaphire wrote:
-10% warn for aqua.

this is off-topic!!!

myszka

Gold: 68.09

us.gif

Warn:

Post#19 Posted: 05 Apr 2007 05:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with you on most of what you have said, and i do think Aquaphire is a good person to immulate, or to look up to, because he is a nice guy, most of the time.

I still think ur sucking up tho briggrin
although you are just stating facts.
1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: